Fall Internship




Ready Yourself for a Career in Missions

At Hillside, we prepare missions-minded believers—like yourself—to engage in long-term ministry among the world’s least reached nations. We do so through our unique internship programs. We run an internship program designed to prepare people for long-term, cross-cultural ministry. This year, our program will run from January 7 – May 31. 

If you already have plans for the fall, or can’t commit to a 5-month program, our 3-month summer internship program may be a better option for you.

Regardless of which program you choose, upon graduating, you will be invited to live overseas for three to six months as a full-time missionary as a member of our externship program. Trust us, there’s no better way to determine whether long-term missions is right for you than going and living among the least-reached.

Apply Here

How does the internship program work?

As a Hillside Intern you’ll join a group of passionate, fun, and diverse people working to make the gospel accessible to unreached peoples. The internship is a 5 month residential program. The 5 months you’ll spend in Richmond, Virginia as an intern will prepare you for cross-cultural ministry. Don’t worry if you’re not completely settled on being a missionary, the training is valuable for any ministry focus. The program also includes an additional three to six month “externship” option which you would spend in an unreached people group area. Some of the past externship destinations have included East Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia.

During the internship program, you’ll spend time in our downtown office and art gallery Monday through Friday working on projects aimed at establishing Christian community in specific areas. You’ll attend a number of fast-paced, exciting classes that will challenge your worldview and give you a new appreciation for working dry-erase markers. You may even start drinking black coffee! If you’re single, you’ll live with other internship participants in apartments above our office. If you’re married, you’ll live separately somewhere in the Richmond area.

This is a full-time program. Interns work Monday through Friday 9AM to 5PM. Approximately 60% of the week is spent working with alongside Hillside staff on projects and tasks. The remaining 40% of time is spent in more formal classroom learning. Our courses are taught by pastors, teachers, working professionals, and missionaries from around the globe.

What are the next steps if I’m interested?

We would love to learn more about you and why you are interested in exploring an internship with Hillside Mission Organization! Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch. You can also fill out the full application here.