Apply for a 2016 – 2017 Internship

emilypatton (1 of 33)

Ready Yourself for a Career in Missions

Intern with Hillside Missions this Upcoming Fall

At Hillside, we prepare missions-minded believers—like yourself—to engage in long-term ministry among the world’s least reached nations. We do so through our unique internship programs. This page explores our 9-month long fall internship program, which enables graduates to fill a field position in one of the more than 30 countries we actively operate in.

If you already have plans for the fall, or can’t commit to a 9-month program, our 3-month summer internship program may be a better option for you.

Regardless of which program you choose, upon graduating, you will be invited to live overseas for three to six months as a full-time missionary as a member of our externship program. Trust us, there’s no better way to determine whether long-term missions is right for you without going and being amongst the least-reached.

How does the internship program work?

As a Hillside Intern you’ll join a group of passionate, fun, and diverse people working to make the gospel accessible to unreached peoples. The internship is a 9 month residential program. The nine months you’ll spend in Richmond, Virginia as an intern will prepare you for cross-cultural ministry. (Don’t worry if you’re not completely settled on being a missionary, the training is valuable for any ministry focus.) The program also includes an additional 3 to 6 month “externship” option which you would spend in an unreached people group area. Some of the past externship destinations have included East Asia, The Middle East, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, and South Asia.

You’ll spend time in our downtown, store-front art gallery office Monday through Friday working on projects aimed at establishing Christian community in specific areas. You’ll attend a number of fast-paced, exciting classes that will challenge your worldview and give you a new appreciation for working dry-erase markers. You may even start drinking black coffee! You’ll live with other internship participants and learn that community sometimes means keeping both 2% AND skim milk in the fridge so that everyone is happy.

This is a full-time program. Interns work Monday through Friday 9AM to 5PM. Approximately 80% of the week is spent working with alongside Hillside staff on projects and tasks. The remaining 20% of time is spent in more formal classroom learning.

What are the next steps if I’m interested?

We would love to learn more about you, and why you are interested in exploring a summer internship with Hillside Mission Organization! Complete the form below and be sure to access the additional resources at the bottom of this page to explore this summer’s required reading list and available course offerings.