Summer Internship

 

 

  

 

 

We know you probably have plans next Fall.

That’s why we’ve developed a three month Summer Internship Program at our headquarters in Richmond that has been specifically designed to educate, equip, and engage those willing to follow Christ to the ends of the earth.

Why Intern with Hillside?

As a Hillside intern, not only will you build lasting friendships, but you’ll also learn how to effectively connect your life to what God is doing around the world. That said, there’s no need to worry if you’re not completely settled on being a long-term missionary. Most students aren’t. Just like Hillside’s 9-month Fall Internship, the Summer Internship provides valuable training and real-world experience for future ministry, whether short or long-term in nature.

This upcoming summer, you’ll be invited to live with other internship participants in gender-specific apartments above our headquarters in Richmond while learning about long-term, cross-cultural ministry. As a graduate of the program, you will be invited to join one of our ministry teams abroad for an optional externship.

Former Hillside interns have served their externships in places including Burkina Faso, Cambodia, South Asia, the Middle East, and East Asia. Several others are now on staff and serve as valuable resources to current interns over the course of their time in Richmond.

Our Program At A Glance

While in Richmond, Hillside interns get to work alongside staff on projects aimed at establishing Christian community in unreached areas around the world. In addition to gaining real-world experience, as a Hillside intern, you will also be enrolled in a series of fast-paced, exciting classes that will challenge your worldview, grow your faith, and expand your knowledge of the modern day mission field and the world we live in today.

Hillside interns work 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday in our office. Approximately 80% of that time is spent gaining practical, real-world experience working alongside Hillside staff. The remaining 20% of that time is spent completing course curriculum and attending guest lectures by missionaries, scholars, and Hillside staff members.

 

What are the next steps if I’m interested?

We would love to learn more about you and why you are interested in exploring a summer internship with Hillside Mission Organization! Complete the form below and be sure to access the additional resources at the bottom of this page to explore this summer’s required reading list and available course offerings.