Hillside Missions Organization exists to glorify God by working to introduce unreached peoples to Him.
We’re an intentional gathering of innovative, compassionate and excited people who are pursuing mission around the world. We work to establish Christian community in nations where people have no access to it. Hillside staff members are unified and motivated by our desire to be poured out for God’s glory and plan for the nations.
We are more than a non-profit organization, we are Christian community working to equip the church for cross-cultural ministry – especially among unreached people groups.
Meet the teamworking at our headquarters in Richmond, VA.
The organization works to fulfill its purpose by:
- Promoting Christ centered missions principles within the church community in order to make contagious God’s passion for the unreached
- Training and sending teams for short-term missions trips
- Coordinating the help of internship participants for whom we provide discipleship and training
- Establishing and collaborating with long-term projects aimed at developing Christian community in unreached people group areas.
- Providing care and support for full-time mission workers
- Administering a School of Missions Mobilization (Instituto de Movilizacion Misionera) to train and send teams of missionaries to unreached people group areas.
The Hillside Missions Organization Statement of Faith
The sole basis of our belief is the Bible, which is uniquely God-Inspired, without error, and the final authority on all matters on which it bears. As the Bible teaches, there is one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – each possessing all the attributes of Deity. God created humans to have fellowship with Him, but they defied God by sinfully going their own way. As a result, we need God’s saving grace to end our alienation from Him. Salvation comes only through God’s saving grace – not human effort – and must be received personally by repentance and faith.
Jesus Christ, second Person of the Trinity, lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute. This accomplishes salvation for all who receive grace by trusting in Him alone. He rose from the dead and is the only mediator between us and God. He will return to earth to consummate history. The Holy Spirit draws sinners to Christ and equips believers for personal growth and service to the church. The church’s role is to glorify God and serve those in need. At the end, everyone will experience resurrection and the judgment. Those forgiven through Christ will enjoy eternal fellowship with God.